Why you will be happy to become a member of the
Iowa Honey Producers Association
The Iowa Honey Producers Association represents the needs and the interests of the beekeeping industry.
FOR THE BENEFIT OF ITS MEMBERS, THE IHPA OFFERS:
· honey industry promotion
· opportunities for networking with honey producers
· educational seminars
· field day
· annual conference and trade show
· financial support for honey bee research
· monthly newsletter
· membership directory
· advocacy for the industry relating to legislative issues
· access to national beekeeping journals
· membership in the Iowa State Horticultural Society
· promotions at the Iowa State Fair
· beekeeping classes/educational opportunities
· youth scholarship/ mentoring program
· works closely with the State Apiarist
By-Laws of the Iowa Honey Producers Association
Article 11 - Objects
The objects of this Association shall be to coordinate the interest of the beekeepers of Iowa and bring them into closer relationship of mutual helpfulness by association, conference and correspondence; to sponsor legislation for the benefit and protection of the industry; to assist in the dissemination of information on the control of diseases; to inform the members and the public of the valuable use of honey as well as the importance of the honey bee in relation to the pollination of agricultural crops, and to support every effort to promote the advancement of the beekeeping industry.
Article 111 - Membership
Section 1. Anyone interested in the beekeeping industry is entitled to a membership in this organization.
Membership dues are $10.00 payable each year. A second family member (or more) can receive a membership for $5.00. Only one newsletter will be sent to each household.