SUMMER FIELD DAY
JUNE 14, 2008
· Do you want to learn how to raise your own queens?
· Do you want to have fun with old and new friends?
· Do you want to enjoy BBQ Chicken with a pot luck and delicious home made ice cream?
If so, please join us and plan on attending the Iowa Honey Producers Annual Summer Field Day June 14th from 9:00 am to about 3:30 pm at:
Spring Valley Honey Farms
14405 Hull Ave
Perry, Iowa 50220
We will have class room instruction, and afterwards breaking down in small groups for hands on grafting. We will bee make starter colonies for queen cells, making nucs for queen production, and practicing marking bees (drones, because they don’t sting, and I don’t care if a few get squished!!)
We will be showing different methods of queen rearing, from just a few, to several hundred queens.
The items you will be taking home with you are:
· The knowledge of producing your own queens.
· The book “Successful Queen Rearing” from the University of Minnesota. This is the same book Dr. Marla Spivak uses in teaching her short course, “Successful Queen Rearing”.
· Two queen cells that you can use to make your own queens.
Registration cost for the field day will be $20 for members and $25 for non-members.
Pre-registration to: Melanie Bower, IHPA Treasurer,
207 S. E. Diehl, Des Moines, Ia 503153
You can also register at the field day!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!
BEE HAPPY, PAT